EMERGENCY INFORMATION FOR SCHOOL DELAYS
Flash Alert Sign-up Instructions
Emergency Closure Contact Information
The following is information parents need to know in the event of school closures or delays due to weather conditions or other situations in which the school day is altered due to unforeseen conditions.
To check on the status of school delay or closure bookmark the web site www.flashalert.net
Scroll down to the US map
Select: Kitsap & Mason County Schools
If the school day is altered the information will appear at this site.
Generally, school information will be posted no later than 6:10 a.m. Keep in mind, weather sometimes changes even within the hour. The decision to open school on time or two hours late could be changed to “two hours late” or even “closed,” if the weather turns severe after our initial assessment. Check back with your news source prior to sending your student off to the bus stop.
- All day and evening activities and meetings are cancelled
- The Community Pre School will be closed
TWO HOURS LATE
- Bus pick-up times will be two hours late
- All classes start two hours late
- Dismissal times remain the same
- The Community Pre-School will be closed
BUSES ON SNOW ROUTES
Buses will NOT pick up students at the following stops when buses are on snow routes.
- Benson Lake Drive and Mason Lake Drive West (Bus will stop at both entrances to Benson Lake and Mason Lake)
- Dawn Drive
- Stadium Beach and Lombard Rd – students must come to the end of the road
- Buses will not stop on hills or unsafe stops